- Install PHP
- Install nginx
- pkg install gohugo (install as root or do sudo)
- follow this after install - https://web.archive.org/web/20231202094641/https://developers.cloudflare.com/pages/framework-guides/deploy-a-hugo-site/
- remember to remove hugo.toml from the root directory otherwise you’ll get a “not Found” error!
- Install the GUI (maybe xfce or Kde5) so you edit md files, update them on the fly. Copy pasting and updating is easier with the gui and the terminal available. Refer to Hugo Cheatsheat if you need instructions to create the new site.
- If you start getting weird errors from Git, just create a new hugo site, copy your contents and config.toml and follow instructions again. IMO Github has a lot to be done before it becomes user friendly. I’ll write aobut it separately someday.
Looking for humanized IT Support? We at Prasna IT are ready to assist! Call us at 778 775 9350 or book a free consultation.